We all have to be honest with ourselves and admit to those lazy, unwashed, uncombed, overfed gloomy days we punish ourselves with, feeling as though we’ve caused much damage to our body. Now that you’ve admitted to them…nothing changes.
There is nothing, not yoga, not social events and definitely not work that can get me out of these gloom days, and I say days because these are many days not just moments. There are those that proudly complain ‘I can’t afford those lazy days, who’s gonna go to work, who’s gonna face this busy daily schedule I have?’ Well I tell you you’re also not doing your body much justice either.
Meditation is recommended daily, fruit and vegetables, water, exercise, fun, all activities you should be doing daily. Once the lack of motivation virus grabs hold of you, it’s a downward spiral. I start eliminating difficult tasks by order of difficulty ending up with survival tasks like eat, poop and sleep!
How does anyone get out of this cycle of self-hatred, this self-damaging routine. Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up really happy and energetic ready to go out finish exercise and food really early ready for a day of productivity, full of life?
There are a few ways that I’ve noticed have helped me cope on occasion;
- Invite friends to exercise with you: Once you cancel on them twice, the shame will devour your gloom day and dominate all other feelings. I’ve come out of warm pj’s from this feeling so I know it’s powerful.
- Talk about how productive you are to others: Fake it till you make it. I truly believe that you can convince yourself of something the more you say it. Also you may find yourself exaggerating and make your friends really proud; now that’s a goal to achieve in real life.
- Force positivity: When it’s raining, windy and grey, get up, pop into Tesco’s and buy milk, buy some fruit or some flowers for the house. Anything that will get you out of stale air is healthy and will improve your mood even if it’s a small dose.
- Clean: For me cleaning the space I should be productive in helps allot. I’m convinced I’m removing dust (dead follicles)and that stale air I mentioned, that’s me sitting and breathing the energy into my space, marinating in it for hours. All that needs to go!
- MUSIC: How can we ever transfer into positivity without music, played loudly and proudly. Here’s something that recently turned my grey skies Blue (must be played moderately loud and whilst jigging);
If all of this fails then I always say to myself summer is only six/ seven months away, I’ll wait till then.